One Day in Tokyo 東京
December 8, 2016
What a great day! By my pedometer we walked 9.8 miles, and encountered some great things along the way.
Where we went:
- Meiji Shrine (lucky enough to see a wedding!)
- Harajuku (known for it's "cute" culture and lots of costumes)
- Omotesando (known for its shopping and cages)
- Lunch at Maisen (Tonkatsu-deep fried pork cutlet)
- Spiral Market
- Hikarie Observation floor + D47's museum/shop
- Loft, looking for knives made by samurai sword makers
- Shibuya crossing
- Roppongi (known for it's night scene and foreigner friendlyness)
- Mori Art Museum - Universe and Art Exhibition
- Ran into a Star Wars, Rogue One, red carpet event
- Starlight Garden light-up in Midtown
- The biggest bowl of noodles I've ever seen at Tsurutontan - Roppongi (found out there is now one in NYC as well!)
Words for next time:
- O-hi-sa-shi-bu-ri - お久しぶりです。Good to see you after so long.
- O-tsu-ka-re-sama-deshita お疲れ様でした。Goodbye - at the end of the workday (Thank you for your hard work).
- Domo arigatou go-zai-masu どもありがとうございます。Thank you (polite).
- O-hayou-go-zai-masu おはようございます。Good morning.
- Tashi-kan-ni 確かんに。I agree/Indeed.
- Great tutoring site (italki)