A few other resources I referenced during the process of starting a company, but didn't mention in the article:
- Springboard - redefining your definition of success.
- The Geography of Thought - why East Asians and Westerners may see the world differently.
- Riding the Waves of Culture - the impact of different cultures on business norms.
- Essentialism - a system for prioritizing and focusing.
- Good to Great - classic, business management.
- 99u - Learning how to work alone - how to be productive, make systems, notice distractions, etc.
- David Brooks, The Moral Bucketlist - life philosophy.
- McKinsey, Can Tourism Fuel Japan's Economic Growth? - opportunities, forecast of what is to come.
- American Chamber of Commerce, Japan, Untapped Potential: Women in Japan's Workforce - report on gender equality in Japan
- Terrie's Take - weekly newsletter about business in Japan.
- Ian Lynam, 20 Steps to Working in Japan - great getting started guide.
- 99u, What you should start, stop, keep doing? - really simple review philosophy.
- Disrupting Japan - interviews with entrepreneurs in Japan.
- Invisibilia - the episode on fear especially.
- Coto Language Academy - language school in Iidabashi, Tokyo.
- I-talki - site to find tutors and language exchange partners.
- Japanese Pod 101 - online learning tools.
- Fluent U - online learning tools.